Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by SUNDARAKSHI <so...@inautix.co.in> on 2009/12/29 09:53:10 UTC

Performance isssue in Unix Environment

Hi

We are using the Apache FOP Version 0.95 to develop some kind of pdf
reports.
When it was deployed in the windows environment it was fast no issues in the
performance.
But the same code is deployed in unix environment it's taking too slow to
generate the single page pdf.
for the single page it's taking five minutes. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: Performance isssue in Unix Environment

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
On 29.12.2009 09:53, SUNDARAKSHI wrote:
> When it was deployed in the windows environment it was fast no issues in the
> performance.
> But the same code is deployed in unix environment it's taking too slow to
> generate the single page pdf.
> for the single page it's taking five minutes. What could be the problem?

The problem is most likely the Java runtime environment. It isn't
uncommon that even a JRE for unix from the same vendor and on the
same hardware performs worse than a JRE on windows.
There are zillions of other possible reasons as well, ranging from
configuration errors to simply less capable hardware.

J.Pietschmann