Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/12/21 07:23:11 UTC

Re: Could you put in backwards compatible hack for XalanJ1.x Redirect andNodeset?

Gary, I went ahead and put in a small, ugly hack to
ExtensionHandler#getClassForName, where I check for the
"org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect" classname, and substitute
"org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect".  I didn't do anything with NodeSet, as
this changed from a class to a method in XalanJ2, and so it seemed like a
bigger hack that I don't want to do.  Anyway, I am mainly concerned about
the redirect method, because the FO folks seem to be using it a lot.

Hope this is OK.  I made a deal with my maker that I would have the beta
ready for final build in the morning.

-scott

                    Gary L Peskin
                    <garyp@firste        To:     Scott_Boag@lotus.com
                    ch.com>              cc:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                                         Subject:     Re: Could you put in backwards compatible hack for XalanJ1.x
                    12/20/00             Redirect andNodeset?
                    01:22 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

wrote:

> Gary, I'm very worried about the number of XalanJ1 stylesheets that use
the
> old Redirect and Nodeset extensions.  Is it possible you could put in a
> hack that would check for the old classnames, and substitute the new
> classnames?

Scott --

This should not be a problem.  I'll get on it later today.  I have a
number of things I'm working on but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Gary

Re: Could you put in backwards compatible hack for XalanJ1.x RedirectandNodeset?

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Gary, I went ahead and put in a small, ugly hack to
> ExtensionHandler#getClassForName, where I check for the
> "org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect" classname, and substitute
> "org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect".  I didn't do anything with NodeSet, as
> this changed from a class to a method in XalanJ2, and so it seemed like a
> bigger hack that I don't want to do.  Anyway, I am mainly concerned about
> the redirect method, because the FO folks seem to be using it a lot.
>
> Hope this is OK.  I made a deal with my maker that I would have the beta
> ready for final build in the morning.

Thanks, Scott.  I'm sorry I couldn't get to it myself sooner.  Offhand,
I don't think it would be a problem to do the same thing for the
Nodeset.  You'd just have the class possibly loaded from two different
places which wouldn't be so terrible since all of the methods are static
anyway and there are no fields in the class.

Gary