Posted to commits@beehive.apache.org by be...@incubator.apache.org on 2004/10/28 21:33:35 UTC

[Apache Beehive Wiki] New: V1Alpha

   Date: 2004-10-28T12:33:35
   Editor: HeatherStephens <he...@bea.com>
   Wiki: Apache Beehive Wiki
   Page: V1Alpha

   Moving Alpha Release info to a new location

New Page:

#pragma section-numbers off

= V1 Alpha Release =
Apache Beehive is striving to produce an alpha release of our V1 by Apache Conference 2004.

== Goals/Non-goals ==
 * Goals
  * Practice the release process so we can begin to work out the kinks
  * Binary distribution available
  * Demoable for conference sessions
  * Enough supporting materials (sample applications, feature samples, documentation, tutorials, etc.) to generate interest in Beehive, begin to build a more active user community and get useful feedback on the current feature set.

 * Non-goals
  * Feature complete
  * APIs locked
  * Beta-quality
  * Guarantee of backwards compat

== Timing Guideline for Rampdown ==

10/27/2004 -- Branch

10/29/2004 -- Review doc, sample and tutorial materials for completeness, functionality and accuracy.

10/31/2004 -- Known dev and docs/samples/tutorials work that is included in the distribution complete.  Checkin test pass.  Additional test suites have been run along the way.  Folks doing sessions & demos at Apachecon believe the code base is in good shape.  Egregious "can't ship without" bugs on alpha quality have been filed.

11/1/2004 -- Fix any last minute items.

11/2/2004 -- Choose changelist as distribution and begin final test passes

11/8/2004 (latest) -- Call official vote on V1 alpha release (choose a revision number as a candidate for the alpha distribution)

11/10/2004 EOD -- Close vote

11/11/2004 -- Tally votes, send results, roll and sign distribution, send announcement emails to Apache lists