Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ajay Deo <ak...@msstate.edu> on 2013/06/08 23:47:36 UTC

Compiling source code of lucene

Hi:

I am Ph.D student at Mississippi State University. I was trying to use the
source code of Lucene for my empirical research. I downloaded source code
of "Lucene-3.6.1(.tgz)" file and was trying to compile it in Eclipse IDE. I
could not do it as there was some compilation issues.

Please let me know after I download source code (from .tgz file or other)
then how do I import it in eclipse and how to compile it to remove any
errors.

I would be glad if you can provide me with some pointer on how do I compile
the source code of Lucence.

Thanking in advance.

Best regards,

Ajay K Deo

Research Assistant

Mississippi State University

Mississippi, USA

*Nothing can harm you more than your own unguided thoughts.*

Re: Compiling source code of lucene

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Sorry I missed the original email. Follow the instructions here:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToConfigureEclipse

Pick the release you want to check out by going to the svn “tags”:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/tags/

If you really want 3.6.1, get the source from here:

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_3_6_1 .

-- Jack Krupansky

Are you able to compile it with ant? I don't remember whether eclipse integration was in place in 3.6 but if you can use 4.3 then you can create the eclipse project by "ant eclipse" on the command line.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 3:17 AM, Ajay Deo <ak...@msstate.edu> wrote:

  Hi:

  I am Ph.D student at Mississippi State University. I was trying to use the source code of Lucene for my empirical research. I downloaded source code of "Lucene-3.6.1(.tgz)" file and was trying to compile it in Eclipse IDE. I could not do it as there was some compilation issues.

  Please let me know after I download source code (from .tgz file or other) then how do I import it in eclipse and how to compile it to remove any errors.

  I would be glad if you can provide me with some pointer on how do I compile the source code of Lucence.

  Thanking in advance.

  Best regards,

  Ajay K Deo

  Research Assistant

  Mississippi State University

  Mississippi, USA

  Nothing can harm you more than your own unguided thoughts.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Compiling source code of lucene

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.