Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 09:41:18 UTC

jms correlation id

Hi all,

i'm slightly confused about jms correlation id. Am I free to use it
*and* can I expect the jms provider (in this case activemq) to leave
it alone or could there be cases where the jms provider sticks
something in there?

I've read mixed stories, stating that the app can use it but some
providers may use it at their own will.

I know activemq doesn't touch it but is this guaranteed (i.e. in a
future version)? I can't quite find the definitive word on it.

thanks,

bas.

--
                    bas a schulte   -   http://www.connectedcreations.nl

Re: jms correlation id

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
As long as the JMS provider is compliant with the spec - they won't
change the correlation id - so you should be save - as long as you
stick with ActiveMQ ;)

Re: jms correlation id

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 27/11/2007, Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14-nov-2007, at 11:39, James Strachan wrote:
>
> > Compliant JMS providers should preserve the JMSCorrelationID you set.
>
> Clear as a bell, nice, just what the doctor ordered.
>
> Just to be safe, I'll stick with amq ;)

Great choice! :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: jms correlation id

Posted by Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 14-nov-2007, at 11:39, James Strachan wrote:

> Compliant JMS providers should preserve the JMSCorrelationID you set.

Clear as a bell, nice, just what the doctor ordered.

Just to be safe, I'll stick with amq ;)

Thanks,

bas.

--
                    bas a schulte   -   http://
www.connectedcreations.nl   -  blondes are double fun - like XML in

Re: jms correlation id

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

On 14/11/2007, Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm slightly confused about jms correlation id. Am I free to use it
> *and* can I expect the jms provider (in this case activemq) to leave
> it alone or could there be cases where the jms provider sticks
> something in there?
>
> I've read mixed stories, stating that the app can use it but some
> providers may use it at their own will.
>
> I know activemq doesn't touch it but is this guaranteed (i.e. in a
> future version)? I can't quite find the definitive word on it.
>
> thanks,
>
> bas.
>
> --
>                     bas a schulte   -   http://www.connectedcreations.nl