Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "juergen.schumacher" <ju...@ir-team.com> on 2006/07/26 10:11:04 UTC

changes.xml and jira query

Hi,
for the change report I only found that the changes.xml have to edit
manually. As far as the development team uses tools like jira or bugzilla it
doesnt make any sense to repeat all the data. Somewhere in the todo issues I
found that it is planned to create the changes.xml automatically from a jira
query. Is that already done for maven2? That would be the feature I really
would need unfortunately I have no experience how to create the query in
jira. Is anybody out there who already have something which may be used as a
beginning? I dont mind to do some programming.

have a nice day
juergen

Re: changes.xml and jira query

Posted by "juergen.schumacher" <ju...@ir-team.com>.
Hi Allan,
yep, with changes:jira-report I get a list of all the jira-issues with the
status. But the changes-report generate a Fixed-issue-in-which-release
Report based on the changes.xml. Sure, JIRA have all that information too
and I think it must be possible to retrieve this and generate with coding
the necessary changes.xml. Normally this should be done by the
maven-changes-plugin as well, at least for my opinion.

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Not sure about it. Have you tried using changes:jira-report? Anyway,
<ci...@exist.com>
maven-changes-plugin should help you alot regarding jira querying.

Cheers,
allan