Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2009/12/17 11:19:50 UTC

More felxibility sending mails

I would discourage sending emails just as html - but generally, since the
platform has the need mail configuration anyway it would be good that
applications can use this without the constraints of the MailManService,
maybe just having a method returning a javax.mail.Session?

Btw, the limitation in the MailMan service to exactly one To address seems
quite arbitrary.

Reto

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Oliver Strässer <
oliver.straesser@getunik.com> wrote:
> If the String is html , the mimetype i want to send is html..
>
> when i try to send the string, the string isn't save in the graph or
somewhere else.

> i think ist very usefull to send very easy  a string an define by self
wich mimtype will be used.

> i'm fine with you - if you mean that the interface bellow isn't very
useful, but the following is useful:

> sendEmail(InternetAddress from, InternetAddress to, InternetAddress[] cc,
InternetAddress[] bcc, String subject, String message , String mimeType)

this is stupid (my opinion) - because so i need to create an graphnode and
an renderer for that ?

>> is there a reason why you don't provide:
>>
>> sendEmail(InternetAddress from, InternetAddress to,
>>  InternetAddress[] cc, InternetAddress[] bcc, String subject,
>>  String message , List<MediaType> acceptableMediaTypes )
>>
>> additional?
>>

>> --getunik ag-------------------------------------------
>>   oliver straesser              oliver.straesser@getunik.com
>>   hardturmstrasse 101    fon: +41 (0)44 388 55 88
>>   ch-8005 zuerich              fax: +41 (0)44 388 55 89
>>
>>   --aktuelles getunik projekt-------------------------
>>  Engagieren Sie sich für den Klimaschutz! http://youturn.greenpeace.ch
>>

>>  --best of swiss web awards 2009------------------
>>    Gold & Silber für Connect2Earth / Bronze für WWF UK
>>
>> get into conversation - http://www.getunik.com

>> Bitte drucken Sie dieses E-Mail nur bei Bedarf aus. Die Umwelt dankt es
Ihnen.

users-bounces@lists.trialox.org] Im Auftrag von mir

http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.platform.mail/file/e821460bfdcb/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/platform/mail/MailMan.java

http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.platform.mail/file/e821460bfdcb/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/platform/mail/MailManImpl.java#l1