Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/28 13:47:37 UTC

Pulling data from secured hadoop cluster to another hadoop cluster

Hi All,
  I could able to connect the hadoop (source ) cluster after ssh is
established.

But i wanted to know, If I want to pull some data using distcp from source
secured hadoop box to another hadoop cluster , I could not able to ping
name node machine.  In this approach how to run distcp command from target
cluster in with secured connection.

Source: hadoop.server1 (ssh secured)
Target:  hadoop.server2 (runing distcp here)

running command:

distcp hftp://hadoop.server1:50070/dataSet
hdfs://hadoop.server2:54310/targetDataSet

Regards,
samir.

Re: Pulling data from secured hadoop cluster to another hadoop cluster

Posted by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com>.
it is not hadoop security issue, the security is in host , I Mean to say in
network level.

 I could not able to ping bcz source system is designed such a way that
only you can connecto through ssh .
If this is the case how to over come this problem.

What extra parameter i need to add i ssh level so that i could able to ping
the machine. All the servers are in same domain.

Posted by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Pulling data from secured hadoop cluster to another hadoop cluster

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Pulling data from secured hadoop cluster to another hadoop cluster

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Pulling data from secured hadoop cluster to another hadoop cluster

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar