Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rahul Dahiya <ra...@impetus.co.in> on 2016/08/03 06:05:15 UTC

NiFi List/Fetch SFTP processors making 100 plus connections

Hi Team,

We are using NiFi for downloading files from a remote machine. We are using fetch and list sftp processors to download the files. We are able to download the files from the remote machine but we see 100+ connections on the remote machine from the NiFi cluster. We are using NiFi version -0.6.1 .

Can you help us in finding out why so many connections are being made and how can we limit the number of connections to the remote machine ? . Any help is appreciated . Thanks in advance.

Regards ,

Rahul

________________________________

Re: NiFi List/Fetch SFTP processors making 100 plus connections

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kislay,

If you have a 3 node cluster and you setup ListSFTP -> FetchSFTP, it is
actually running this on all 3 nodes and likely fetching the same files
three times.
I'm not sure that would equate to 100s of connections, but it would
definitely be more connections then needed.

Typically the way you use the List + Fetch processors in a cluster is to
schedule the List processor to run on primary node only, and connect it to
a Remote Process Group.
The Remote Process Group points back to the same cluster and connects to an
Input Port port, this is essentially distributing all of the filenames
equally across your three nodes.
The Input Port then connects to FetchFile so all three nodes fetch in
parallel, but fetch different files.

Some resources that show how this work are here:
https://community.hortonworks.com/storage/attachments/1989-03-pulling-with-redistribution.png
http://www.slideshare.net/BryanBende/building-data-pipelines-for-solr-with-apache-nifi/31?src=clipshare

Let us know if this helps reduce the connections.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,