Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com> on 2002/08/14 10:48:39 UTC

Way to specify realms for dynamically installed apps?

I'm using the new ant tasks to install and deploy web apps from
ant. One of my applications needs a JDBCRealm, but there doesn't seem
to be a way to supply the manager with additional bits it might need
to stick into server.xml, is that right? I can add the realm at the
engine level, but I'd rather not.

Chris

Re: Way to specify realms for dynamically installed apps?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Chris Nokleberg wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 01:48:39 -0700
> From: Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Way to specify realms for dynamically installed apps?
>
> I'm using the new ant tasks to install and deploy web apps from
> ant. One of my applications needs a JDBCRealm, but there doesn't seem
> to be a way to supply the manager with additional bits it might need
> to stick into server.xml, is that right? I can add the realm at the
> engine level, but I'd rather not.

In Tomcat 4.1, you can dynamically deploy a "context configuration file"
instead of, or along with your webapp.  Such a file can contain the
<Context> element, and all nested subelements, from what you would
normally put in server.xml, so you can indeed dynamically deploy an app
with a custom realm.

This isn't supported on 4.0 -- it requires 4.1.

> Chris

Craig