Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/22 06:33:52 UTC

New features consideration - stream calculation

Hi,

Recently I am thinking what new features that IoTDB can have to make it
more powerful.

Except for the cluster mode, the standard sql language, the better query
and write performance, the background data organization, I think a stream
calculating engine can be also introduced:

For example, if some projects like the data sketch project, edgent can be
used as a library in IoTDB and provide stream calculations, it will be an
interesting integration.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: New features consideration - stream calculation

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

+1

We could consider the Aggregate Continuous Queries(ACQs). Here is a related paper:

[1] Shein, Anatoli U., Panos K. Chrysanthis and Alexandros Labrinidis. “FlatFIT: Accelerated Incremental Sliding-Window Aggregation For Real-Time Analytics.” SSDBM (2017).

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University
sinthxd@gmail.com>