Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/26 08:58:51 UTC

TODO handling proposal

Hi!

I'd like to share my experience about how to cope with open/incomplete source code parts.

Whenever you find some code which is not finished or needs some additional checks or whatever, then simply use a todo comment

// TODO blablablub needs to be checked

I also sometimes use the form

//X TODO clarify: nullcheck needed?

if I don't know something for sure which has to be scanned/skimmed by gurkan later.
(the X after // tells me that this is something temporary and not ment to be in the code permanently)

All open TODOs are reported by mavens taglist report:
http://incubator.apache.org/openwebbeans/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/openwebbeans-impl/taglist.html

I will add this report to the other modules also if you like.

LieGrue,
strub