Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 16:48:25 UTC

Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk

Hi all,

I am a participant to ApacheCon NA 2013. I have implemented a generic,
standard way to transform json messages underneath of xml info set and vice
versa using XMLStreamReader and XMLStreamWriter standard java interfaces as
my GSoC 2012 project with the Apache Axis2 engine[0]. This mechanism is
new, which doesn't convert json to xml but it provides correct xml info set
reading the json input stream underneath. Right now several of Apache
projects like Apache camel , Apache wink[1] etc. use either jettison or
their application specific structures to convert json to xml and vice
versa.  The main advantage is this only requires native Schema of the
expected XML and this resolves major problems in this bidirectional
transformation.

I have tested this against Axis2 ADB databinding which is a one of fastest
databinding framework[2] [3] and has good numbers too.

I thought it would be better to introduce and share this with the Apache
community. So I am willing to do a Fast Feature talk on this at a evening
BoF/ lightening talk etc. If it is required i can provide some presentation
slides too. Would like to know that whether this can be done? Apologies if
i am in the wrong mail list!

P.S I searched for a wiki page but couldn't find seems
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BoFs page is not yet created. If any
please let me know.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5270
[1] http://markmail.org/message/poyawnbqkp6qiu3p
[2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-java3/
[3] http://markmail.org/message/omji77lyrfcihi5q

Thanks
Shameera.

Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa.
Sri Lanka.

Re: Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Shameera Rathnayaka wrote:
> Where i can find the accepted Fast Feather talks list? If it is not
> selected yet , when will it be and where it will be published ?

Yours is in, as is the one from Jeff Potts. I'm still looking for a
few more good talks, if anyone else wants to propose one please do!
http://s.apache.org/FFT13

Nick

Re: Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi NIck ,

Where i can find the accepted Fast Feather talks list? If it is not
selected yet , when will it be and where it will be published ?

Thanks,
Shameera,

Shameera Rathnayaka
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa.
Sri Lanka.

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Feb 20, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> So, is there a place to sign up for BoF slots yet?
>
> Yes, has been for about a month. There's been at least one email to both pmcs@ and committers@ about it, not sure how you missed it :(

I'm sure it's my fault and not yours. I'm suffering severe email overload right now.

> The overview page, with detqails of all the community events taking place in and around ApacheCon is:
>   http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/CommunityEventsNA13
>
> The meetups and BoFs page is:
>   http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsNA13

Hmm. I saw this page but didn't seen any BoFs on it. I'll get a list started.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen

Re: Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Shameera:
>
> I think you are in exactly the right place. There are almost two hours of
> Fast Feather sessions, Nick Burch is currently nursing them but I know he
> is looking for someone to help.
>
> Lightning talk sign-up will be at the conference.

Thanks for your quick reply , i will do the needful

Regards,
Shameera.

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
Shameera: