Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/16 14:54:20 UTC

The Visual Guide to Streaming Expressions and Math Expressions

Hi,

The Visual Guide to Streaming Expressions and Math Expressions is now
complete. It's been published to Github at the following location:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/visual-guide/solr/solr-ref-guide/src/math-expressions.adoc#streaming-expressions-and-math-expressions

The guide will eventually be part of Solr's release when the RefGuide is
ready to accommodate it. In the meantime its been designed to be easily
read directly from Github.

The guide contains close to 200 visualizations and examples showing how to
use Streaming Expressions and Math Expressions for data analysis and
visualization. The visual guide is also designed to guide users that are
not experts in math in how to apply the functions to analysis and visualize
data.

The new visual data loading feature in Solr 8.3 is also covered in the
guide. This feature should cut down on the time it takes to load CSV files
so that more time can be spent on analysis and visualization.

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/visual-guide/solr/solr-ref-guide/src/loading.adoc#loading-data

Joel Bernstein

Re: The Visual Guide to Streaming Expressions and Math Expressions

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pratik,

The visualizations are all done using Apache Zeppelin and the Zeppelin-Solr
interpreter. The getting started part of the user guide provides links for
Zeppelin-Solr. The install process in pretty quick. This is all open
source, freely available software. It's possible that Zepplin-Solr can be
incorporated into the Solr code eventually but the test frameworks are
quite different. I think some simple scripts can be included with the Solr
to automated the downloads for Zeppelin and Zeppelin-Solr.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pratik,