Posted to user@struts.apache.org by walkrustin <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/05 18:37:23 UTC

Creating value objects using reflection class

Hi,

After receiving the form, I have to copy the value of each field to a
value object. I wrote a small reflection utility class to server the
purpose. Now I need more functionalities to that utility class.

I was wondering if there is any utility package already out there
which helps copy the contents from one object to another using
reflection.

thanks.
- walk rustin

Re: Creating value objects using reflection class

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
walkrustin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After receiving the form, I have to copy the value of each field to a
>value object. I wrote a small reflection utility class to server the
>purpose. Now I need more functionalities to that utility class.
>
>I was wondering if there is any utility package already out there
>which helps copy the contents from one object to another using
>reflection.

Struts itself uses commons-beanutils for exactly this use case.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/

>thanks.
>- walk rustin

Craig

Re: Creating value objects using reflection class

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Commons beanutils - struts uses it already - there is a copyProperties()
method

     org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
org.apache.commons.beanutils.*