Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com> on 2002/06/27 01:09:51 UTC

two gump request

Greeting Gump Master,

Could you please make the following changes to gump?

1) The script gen.sh - please return the status of the generator. If it
failed I would like to
test the status (in sh the variable $?)

2) The generated script build.sh - please return the status of the
build. If it failed
I would like to test the status (again, in sh the variable $?) (might
want to also have
update.sh return status).

I use scripts to drive gump and I'd like my scripts to know if a gump
script failed.

Thanks

Richard

Re: two gump request

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com>.

Re: stylesheet/bash.xsl

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2002, Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com>
wrote:

> quotes around the $*, then one can have multiple ant/maven targets
> on the same line:
>
> ./build.sh all maven:install-jar maven:deploy-site
>
> Without the double quotes, this does not work.

Hmm,

I've just done

./build.sh dom4j gump -debug

to track down which jars need to be added as run-time classes for Fop,
it simply works.

You'd need quotes if your target names contained spaces, I guess.

Stefan

Setting Up a new GUMP

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
I wanted to set up my own version of GUMP on my machine so that
I could test the GUMP descriptors in Excalibur.  Also so that I
can use it for my own projects.  However I have some questions:

1) How do I start from scratch?  Every project descriptor in GUMP
   already has a set of dependencies, some of which do not make
   sense to me.  For instance, I _have_ to have the Java XML Pack
   even if JAXP comes with the JDK I am testing on (1.4).

2) I only want the Avalon projects, and their dependencies--along
   with my software.

3) What if my software does not live in a repository?  The filesystem
   represents the latest and greatest (yes, I need to change this, but
   as things get started sometimes that is what happens)

I would like a kind of minimalist type of setup.

stylesheet/bash.xsl

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com>.
In the file stylesheet/bash.xsl.
If the line:
    <xsl:text>export TARGET=$*&#10;</xsl:text>
is changed to:

Re: two gump request

Posted by Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Richard Emberson <re...@outerharbor.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 1) The script gen.sh - please return the status of the generator.
>
> This should be done for the .sh version (I don't speak .bat) now.

Thanks

> > 2) The generated script build.sh - please return the status of the
> > build.
>
> Which build?  Return non-0 if any of the "./build.sh all" fails?

Good question. For my purposes I would like a non-0 return if any of the
"./build.sh someproject" fails. Now as to "./build.sh all", I guess there to
it would be better to return non-0. But this is just my vote.
Thanks

Re: two gump request

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

RE: two gump request