Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Norgorn <ls...@mail.ru> on 2015/10/05 08:16:50 UTC

Delete term vectors from existing index

I'm looking for a way to delete term vectors from existing index, schema is
changed to 'termVectors="false" ' and optimization was performed after that,
but index size remains the same (I'm totally sure, that optimization was
successful).
I've also tried to add some new documents to existing index and run
optimization after that to merge segments with and without termvectors, but
also nothing changed - *.tvd keeps its size, though segment letter changed.

Of course I've tried to simply remove *.tvd, but indexreader throws
exception in this case.

I believe there is some good way to delete term vectors without re-indexing,
but cannot imagine what way to try.

Re: Delete term vectors from existing index

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com>.
mmmm What make believe you there is a good way to remove the term vectors
without re-indexing ?

It does make sense that the simple optimise did not the job. It is what I
would expect.
I agree with you that term vectors are a separated data structure in the
index, but I doubt there is a way to delete them from an existing index
without re-indexing.

Cheers

> I'm looking for a way to delete term vectors from existing index, schema is
> changed to 'termVectors="false" ' and optimization was performed after
> that,
> but index size remains the same (I'm totally sure, that optimization was
> successful).
> I've also tried to add some new documents to existing index and run
> optimization after that to merge segments with and without termvectors, but
> also nothing changed - *.tvd keeps its size, though segment letter changed.
>
> Of course I've tried to simply remove *.tvd, but indexreader throws
> exception in this case.
>
> I believe there is some good way to delete term vectors without
> re-indexing,
> but cannot imagine what way to try.

Benedetti Alessandro
Visiting card - http://about.me/alessandro_benedetti