Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 19:11:35 UTC

Example of hard coded based struts2 configuration for Configuration Manager Impl.

Are there any examples that show struts2 configuration without reading
content from an XML file?

The purpose of this is I'm tracing though all this code to understand how
the configuration is assembled and it isn't clear yet. The goal is to
produce a new configuration manager, I was wondering if there were tests
that have needed to manually create such configuration.

Also if anyone has some detailed documentation on how the different
components fit together. Obviously some of this can be derived from
interpretation of the XML but still an explanation directly from the API
level of how the assembly works would be really nice.

Re: Example of hard coded based struts2 configuration for Configuration Manager Impl.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/4/18 Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>:
> Are there any examples that show struts2 configuration without reading
> content from an XML file?

XWorkTestCase#loadConfigurationProviders
XWorkTestCase#loadButAdd

> The purpose of this is I'm tracing though all this code to understand how
> the configuration is assembled and it isn't clear yet. The goal is to
> produce a new configuration manager, I was wondering if there were tests
> that have needed to manually create such configuration.
>
> Also if anyone has some detailed documentation on how the different
> components fit together. Obviously some of this can be derived from
> interpretation of the XML but still an explanation directly from the API
> level of how the assembly works would be really nice.

Basically everything is in ConfigurationManager#getConfiguration and
in DefaultConfiguration#reloadContainer. I think there is no
documentation about that :-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz