Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by EX...@nokia.com on 2002/05/03 10:30:32 UTC

xml configuration problem

Hi all,

   I'm using log4j1.1.3 and I'm trying to make a subclass to the Category class to log a different message, just to add something to the message. I made MyCategory class quite similar to the example given and I made MyCategoryFactory as well, but when I instantiate it in the main program it gives me an error message (ClassCastException) if the class name matches the category name in my .xml config file. What should I do?. It only works if it doesn't match any category. Then it uses the root part of the .xml file and not the category part that I want. I've read somewhere that i must set the factory in the config file, then I ask:

How do I set the category in a .xml file?
Should I put MyCategory instead of Category in my .xml configuration file?
Do I need to put some extra things in my main code or in my .xml file?

This is my .xml file:

	<category name="helloworld.hw_log" additivity="false">
		<priority value="error"/>
		<appender-ref ref="JDBC" />
	</category>

	<root>