Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@carrotsearch.com> on 2011/07/01 09:45:01 UTC

Re: Multicore clustering setup problem

Hi Walter,

That makes sense, but this has always been a multi-core setup, so the paths
> have not changed, and the clustering component worked fine for core0. The
> only thing new is I have fine tuned core1 (to begin implementing it).
> Previously the solrconfig.xml file was very basic. I replaced it with
> core0's solrconfig.xml and made very minor changes to it (unrelated to
> clustering) - it's a nearly identical solrconfig.xml file so I'm surprised
> it doesn't work for core1.

I'd probably need to take a look at the whole Solr dir you're working with,
clearly there's something wrong with the classpath of core1.

Again, I'm wondering if perhaps since both cores have the clustering
> component, if it should have a shared configuration in a different file
> used
> by both cores(?). Perhaps the duplicate clusteringComponent configuration
> for both cores is the problem?

I'm not an expert on Solr's internals related to core management, but I once
did configure two cores with search results clustering, where clustering
configuration and <lib>s were specified for each core separately, so this is
unlikely to be a problem. Another approach would be to put all the JARs
required for clustering in a common directory and point Solr to that lib
using the sharedLib attribute in the <solr> tag:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#solr. But it really should work both
ways.

If you can somehow e-mail (off-list) the listing of your Solr directory and
contents of your configuration XMLs, I may be able to trace the problem for
you.

Cheers,

Staszek