Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl> on 2006/03/30 11:19:27 UTC

Anyone got any nice Cocoon-based photo album lying around?

OK. I admit that I'm being lazy. There, I said it! :)

I need a web-based photo album as part of a project. Preferably
Cocoon-based,
perhaps using a database to store pictures and thumbs. Reason that I'm
asking is
that other parts of the project are taking up a lot of time, and I need
to get a demo
up and running ASAP.

Perhaps someone has a nice example lying about - and willing to share?
Sandor

Re: Anyone got any nice Cocoon-based photo album lying around?

Posted by Stavros Kounis <sk...@gmail.com>.
http://cocoongallery.sourceforge.net/

we use a modified version here:
http://www.kyverneio.gr/Album/

On 3/31/06, boris@petra-productions.de <bo...@petra-productions.de> wrote:
> Once i found a small package called CocoonGalery 0.2. I think its
> somewhere hosted by sourceforge.
>

> Am 31.03.2006 um 00:08 schrieb Tim Williams:
>
> > On 3/30/06, Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> >>
> >> OK. I admit that I'm being lazy. There, I said it! :)
> >>
> >> I need a web-based photo album as part of a project. Preferably
> >> Cocoon-based,
> >> perhaps using a database to store pictures and thumbs. Reason that I'm
> >> asking is
> >> that other parts of the project are taking up a lot of time, and I
> >> need
> >> to get a demo
> >> up and running ASAP.
> >>
> >> Perhaps someone has a nice example lying about - and willing to share?
> >> Sandor
> >
> > It's not very mature at this point, but we have a PhotoGallery
> > Plugin[1] in Forrest[2] (which is Cocoon-based).  We'd love some help
> > fixing and polishing.
> >
> > --tim
> >
> > [1] -
> > http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/
> > org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery/
> > [2] - http://forrest.apache.org/

Stavros S. Kounis
Osmosis networks & consulting   http://www.osmosis.gr
Read my weblog at               http://tools.osmosis.gr/blog

Re: Anyone got any nice Cocoon-based photo album lying around?

Posted by bo...@petra-productions.de.

Re: wikis

Posted by thomas <th...@stray.net>.

--On Donnerstag, 30. März 2006 19:03 Uhr -0500 Renaud Richardet
<re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Flynn wrote:
>
>> What Cocoon-based wikis are recommended (if any)?

DaisyWiki, <http://cocoondev.org/daisy/index.html>, is based on Cocoon. But
it's a project on it's own, not a Cocoon-block. And it's quite feature-rich.

Ciao
Thomas

.
mailto:thomas@stray.net
http://stray.net

..
early optimization is the root of many evil
donald e. knuth

Re: wikis

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Peter Flynn wrote:

> What Cocoon-based wikis are recommended (if any)?
>
> ///Peter

The chaperon block, try:
http://jsn-server5.com/cocoon/samples/blocks/chaperon/view.do?page=index

Here the demo: You might want to give a look at Apache Lenya [1], we
just created a wiki module to create and edit wiki pages.
Here the demo:
http://lenya-1.4.demo.wyona.org/default/authoring/index.html login as
lenya + levi, then menu File  > create new wiki page

HTH,
Renaud

[1] http://lenya.apache.org/

--