Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Anthony Smith <mr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/25 01:18:33 UTC

DBPSML & MYSQL

Did anypne ever get this working with mysql?

Now before I login it says "Error fetching pane " and the same thing when I
login. When I try to go to Customize I get this on the screen?

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.controls.Customize.doPerform(Customize.java:119)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123) at
org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:565) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943) at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Mr. Smith

"Having education and talent doesn't make you better than the world... it
makes you responsible for it!"

web.xml and fileuploading

Posted by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com>.
I have a entry in my web.xml as follows:

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>
	    DemoParserUploadServlet
	</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>
	    gsptech.portal.servlets.DemoParserUploadServlet
	</servlet-class>
	<init-param>

<param-name>uploadDir</param-name><param-value>/temp/portal2/</param-value>
	</init-param>
</servlet>

the uploadDir I am accessing in one of my servlets. Now if the temp/portal2
dir is already created it works fine. But I want to make my code where if it
no created then it goes and creats it. I cant seem to create the directory.
Here is the code in my servlet.

private File dir;
	super.init(config);

      // Read the uploadDir from the servlet parameters
         String dirName = config.getInitParameter("uploadDir");

         if (dirName == null) {
            throw new ServletException("Please supply uploadDir parameter");
         }
         dir = new File(dirName);
         dir.mkdir();
         System.out.println("dir.mkdir();" + dir.isDirectory() + " dir:" +
dir);
         if (! dir.isDirectory()) {

            throw new ServletException("Supplied uploadDir " + dirName +
                                 " is invalid");
         }
      }

RE: DBPSML & MYSQL

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Thanks Ben.
I just added the 4 inserts to all the database population scripts under
src/sql/external in cvs

Re: DBPSML & MYSQL

Posted by Ben Liang <aj...@yahoo.com>.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: DBPSML & MYSQL

Posted by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com>.
"Make sure you added entry in turbine id table for all jetspeed table."

--I don't understand this statement. I just followed what was on the
instructions. Can you explain further?

> Did anypne ever get this working with mysql?
>
> Now before I login it says "Error fetching pane " and the same thing when
> login. When I try to go to Customize I get this on the screen?
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at

org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.controls.Customize.doPerform(Customize.j
ava:119)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123) at
> org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:565) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at

FilterChain.java:247)
> at

ain.java:193)
> at

va:243)

)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
> at

java:170)

Re: DBPSML & MYSQL

> Did anypne ever get this working with mysql?
>
> Now before I login it says "Error fetching pane " and the same thing when
> login. When I try to go to Customize I get this on the screen?
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at

org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.controls.Customize.doPerform(Customize.j
ava:119)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:143)
> at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90) at
> org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123) at
> org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:565) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at

FilterChain.java:247)
> at

ain.java:193)
> at

va:243)

)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
> at

java:170)

RE: DBPSML & MYSQL

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> Did anypne ever get this working with mysql?

Not sure if this will work or not, its not yet tested with mySQL.
Only been tested with Oracle and Hypersonic.
I think you're the first one to try mySQL.