Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vijay_here <ev...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/06/09 07:05:56 UTC

Solr relevancy score - conversion

Hi,

I am using solr to inxdex some of the legal documents, where i need the solr
search engine to return relevancy ranking score for each search results. As
of now i am getting score like 3.12, 1.23, 0.23 .... so on.

Would need an more proportionate score like rounded to 100% (95% relevant,
80 % relevant and so on). Is there a way to make solr returns such scores of
such relevance. Any other approach to arrive at this scores also be
appreciated

thanks
vijay

Re: Solr relevancy score - conversion

Posted by Matt Weber <ma...@mattweber.org>.
Solr does not support this.  You can do it yourself by taking the
highest score and using that as 100% and calculating other percentages
from that number.  For example if the max score is 10 and the next
result has a score of 5, you would do (5 / 10) * 100 = 50%.  Hope this
helps.

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies
http://www.esr-technologies.com

Posted by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com>.
Vijay_here schrieb:

> Would need an more proportionate score like rounded to 100% (95%
> relevant, 80 % relevant and so on). Is there a way to make solr
> returns such scores of such relevance.

In XSLT:

   <xsl:template match="result/doc">
     <xsl:variable name="score-percentage" select="
       round( 100 * float[@name='score'] div ../@maxScore)"/>

The "div" is the XPath division operator. Should be a straightforward
mapping to any other language.

Michael Ludwig

Re: Solr relevancy score - conversion

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Vijay_here wrote:

: Would need an more proportionate score like rounded to 100% (95% relevant,
: 80 % relevant and so on). Is there a way to make solr returns such scores of
: such relevance. Any other approach to arrive at this scores also be
: appreciated

There is a reason Solr doens't return scores like that -- they are
meaningless, more info is availabe on the Lucene-Java wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ScoresAsPercentages

-Hoss