Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Charles <te...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/23 21:39:36 UTC

rmi-remotemanager proposal not working

I try to build rmi-remotemanager by following the command in \james-with-phoenix-2.1.3-src\proposals\rmi-remotemanager\README. It gave me 100 errors. Mostly like "cannot resolve symbol". I ran build.bat without problem, so I guess it has something to do with the build.xml. Has anybody been build it successfully?

Re: rmi-remotemanager proposal not working

Posted by Darrell DeBoer <dd...@thoughtworks.net>.
On Sat, 24 May 2003 06:08 am, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I try to build rmi-remotemanager by following the command in
> > \james-with-phoenix-2.1.3-src\proposals\rmi-remotemanager\README.
> >
> > It gave me 100 errors.  Mostly like "cannot resolve symbol".
>
> Not much of a surprise.  Proposals are pretty much unsupported directions
> that one developer or another has attempted.  Generally they worked to some
> degree at some point in the past.  The only one that has recently had any
> attention is the imap2 proposal.  Darrell redid the build process for that
> to basically just extend whatever the main build process uses.  His work is
> probably the model to follow if you decide to modify the RMI proposal.  If
> so, please submit patches.
>
> 	--- Noel

And Darrell has been both incredibly slack and incredibly busy, but is still
(vaguely) following the James lists, and still hoping to find a rainy weekend
when he will dust off that IMAP proposal and get it into a useable state...

--
ciao,
Daz

RE: rmi-remotemanager proposal not working

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.