Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> on 2007/11/02 23:35:17 UTC

archiva-backend-security branch.

I'm wrapping up work on the archiva-backend-security branch.
I'll need a review (or two) before I can merge this code back into trunk.

Fixed Issues (in trunk):
MRM-569 - Browse shows results for all repositories, regardless of security.
MRM-516 - Search results return results for all repositories, regardless
of security.

- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com

Re: archiva-backend-security branch.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Merge is complete.

- Joakim

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
cool, go for it

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 05/11/2007, at 2:36 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 05/11/2007, at 2:32 PM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
>
>> There's nothing to present the "There are no repositories you have
>> access to" style message on the xwork side.
>> I should add that.
>
> This doesn't seem to be the problem below though?

Ah, I understand - the action is calculating that first and passing
it on as null instead of adding a message. Once this is fixed, it
looks fine at runtime - taking a look at the commits now.

- Brett

> I haven't tried yet - was going to do so later today still.
>

>> Also, the branch has the old embedded appserver.base antrun.
>> If you have a $HOME/.m2/archiva.xml + that embedded appserver.base
>> antrun, you'll have no repositories presented to you. nor any ability
>> for them to startup in default mode.
>>
>> I understand the purpose of the embedded appserver.base antrun,
>> but it
>> doesn't work in practice, some other things need to be fixed first.
>> Maybe we should disable the embedded appserver.base antrun until
>> we can
>> solve all the use-cases properly.
>>
>> Brett suggested to me to specify the appserver.base on the command
>> line
>> via the
>> -Dappserver.base=alternative/dir/to/the/your/custom/appserver/base
>> but I
>> never got that to work.
>
> Like I said before, just put it in a profile until you figure out
> what's going on and I'll just enable the profile by default.
>

>> - Joakim
>>
>> Maria Odea Ching wrote:
>>> I've tried running the branch, but I got a 500 error when I clicked
>>> Browse after doing a repo scan.. this was the cause of the error
>>> I got:
>>>
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Selected repositories cannot be
>>> null. at
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.database.constraints.SqlBuilder.appendWhere
>>> SelectedRepositories(SqlBuilder.java:64)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.database.constraints.UniqueGroupIdConstrain
>>> t.(UniqueGroupIdConstraint.java:50)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.database.browsing.DefaultRepositoryBrowsing
>>> .getRoot(DefaultRepositoryBrowsing.java:69)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.web.action.BrowseAction.browse

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.