Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> on 2018/10/23 14:20:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.5.0-rc1

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.5.0.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test
+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.5.0+Test+Results

     Note that this testing is not yet complete and more results will show
while voting is ongoing.

  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.13
       * Fedora Linux 28

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.5.0/rc1/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit a94cfa402da18a305db2ea9afa3771ead69968fe
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit e311e78e59e71aae72679b76baea8fd9e2aa18e8
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit d8b903e11abbfe854e6601de016e755ad307a2b0
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit d38f17df9143be4729f33572fa78fe276ac09af7

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.5.0/
rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.5.0.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.5.0/rc1/
apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.5.0.tgz
  windows: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.5.0/
rc1/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-windows-1.5.0.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.5.0-rc1

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com.INVALID>.
+1 Release this package

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 04:20:40PM +0200, Szymon Janc wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
> Apache Mynewt 1.5.0.

> [X] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

+1 (binding).

Thanks,
Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.5.0-rc1

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)

\Łukasz

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.