Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Ryan McMahon <mc...@apache.org> on 2018/09/11 22:22:40 UTC

Instructions for Setting Up IntelliJ

Hi all,

I am looking to add more comprehensive instructions for how to bring Geode
into IntelliJ.  I've written the instructions but am now looking at where
to put them.

There appears to be duplicate information in these sections of the Geode
wiki and the README.md/BUILDING.md in the Geode Git repository.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Getting+Started+for+Geode+Developers
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Building+and+Running+Geode+from+Source

I'm a fan of one source of truth, but I wanted to see if anyone felt
strongly about where the information lives.  I propose we revise the wiki
to simply link to the README.md/BUILDING.md and eliminate the duplicate
information (how to run gradlew, etc).  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Instructions for Setting Up IntelliJ

Posted by Michael Oleske <mo...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for the repo as source of truth. Wiki always seemed better as a place to
show examples rather than how to build the project.  I also like having the
readme about how to use the product and the building about how to manually
build so one could contribute (especially since Geode already provided
(unofficial) convenience binaries)

-michael

Posted by Alexander Murmann <am...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Ryan McMahon <mc...@apache.org>.