Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/04/03 02:17:41 UTC

Handling of client pooled connections on the server

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of information and focus in this mail, but I just
want to see if anyone has some information for me :)

Is there a reason why we don't use an EmbedPooledConnection to "map" a
ClientPooledConnection?

As far as I can understand, we are now creating a new EmbedConnection
(non-pooled) each time ClientPooledConnection.getConnection() is invoked
(happens in the SECCHK codepoint).
We have special handling for XA, and in this case we do actually use a
ClientPooledConnection due to the inheritance.

Does anyone have input (DRDA related perhaps?) or historic information
to share with me?

thanks,
--
Kristian