Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com> on 2017/12/21 20:21:53 UTC

Apache Qpid Dispatch now using Python unittest2 to run tests

As a fix to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-894 , Qpid
Dispatch is now using Python's  unittest2 (instead of unittest) to run unit
tests.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2

"unittest2 is a backport of the new features added to the unittest testing
framework in Python 2.7 and onwards. It is tested to run on Python 2.6,
2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and pypy."

In order to run Qpid Dispatch master branch unit tests in your system, you
will have to install the python-unittest2 package which is available on
both Debian (Ubuntu) and RPM based systems (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS etc.)

Here is the commit if you want to take a look -

https://github.com/apache/qpid-dispatch/commit/4a173e1ec0f7e0e8f9d7d37b9549d4f9c9d37fb0

Thanks.

Re: Apache Qpid Dispatch now using Python unittest2 to run tests

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ganesh!

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.