Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com> on 2004/06/23 01:18:45 UTC

Manual deploying Jar files - Update

G'Day everyone,
	Firstly, thanks for all the various tips and pointers that
people have been giving me.

	Just a recap - the maven project in question is one suggested on
the Maven - Using Maven page - apache-turbine-torque. This is not one
that I have started myself, though I am getting more tempted to try that
approach.

	Anyway, I thought that if the following appeared in the
project.xml file

<dependency>
      <id>jndi</id>
      <version>1.2.1</version>
      <url>http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/</url>
</dependency>

	maven would look for repo/jdni/jars/jndi-1.2.1.jar, and if that
was not found, then try in the remote repository.
	I manually created the directory, and placed the jndi-1.2.1.jar
in there, maven does not appear to find it.

	Anyway, does anyone have a (relatively) simple maven based
project for a beginner to look at, in a manner that would be helpful as
a learning tool? Ultimately, that's what I am looking for.

	Once again, thanks everyone for your help.

	Cheers,

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com

Re: clean-up test garbage

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
You can add a postGoal to clean:clean to get rid of them:

  <postGoal name="clean:clean">
    <delete>
      <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="junit*.properties"/>
    </delete>
  </postGoal>

I do that to get rid of some files like maven.log and velocity.log.

  Jeff

--
mailto:jeff@frenches.org

RE: clean-up test garbage

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I often stick a post goal on clean to fix these if I have a bunch..

Re: clean-up test garbage

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Maarten,

clean-up test garbage

RE: Manual deploying Jar files - Update

Posted by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com>.
G'Day Jeff,
	Oops... Email typo only, fortunately. No, the actual directory
says

	repo/jndi/jars/jndi-1.2.1.jar

	Thanks for the clarification. Apologies to Dan.

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com>.
G'Day Alex,
	I thought I saw something about a default generator somewhere,
but couldn't find it.

	I have generated a new project, and I am now having fun
exploring.

	Thanks for the info, Alex. Also, thanks again to all the other
list members for their assistance so far.

	Cheers,

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com

> 	Anyway, does anyone have a (relatively) simple maven based
project
> for a beginner to look at, in a manner that would be helpful
as
> a learning tool? Ultimately, that's what I am looking for.

Just run genapp and you will get the project as simple as you can
possibly get.

Alex.

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.

Posted by "J. Matthew Pryor" <jm...@yahoo.com>.
If you are just interested to learn, then change the dependency to something
that *IS* on ibiblio first

Take a look at http://www.ibiblio.org/maven

Pick any version of any (small?) jar and use that as the groupId and
artifact Id

E.g.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>batik</groupId>
            <artifactId>batik-ext</artifactId>
            <version>1.5</version>
        </dependency>

Use that as the only dependency & confirm it gets downloaded & confirm it is
the place in your local repository you *expect* it to be

i.e. <localrepo>/batik/jars/batik-ext.1.5.jar

Once that works, start getting more sophisticated from there

HTH,
Matthew