Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Pieter Joost van de Sande <pj...@born2code.net> on 2014/12/15 13:31:17 UTC

problem running hello-samza with LocalJobFactory

The documentation is talking about the LocalJobFactory next to the YarnJobRunner and I would love to use it to fasten the local development feedback cycle.

I changed the `job.factory.class` entry in the `wikipedia-feed.properties` file to look like the following:

# Job
job.factory.class=org.apache.samza.job.local.LocalJobFactory
job.name=wikipedia-feed

When I try to deploy it after the build I get the following error:

$ deploy/samza/bin/run-job.sh --config-factory=org.apache.samza.config.factories.PropertiesConfigFactory --config-path=file://$PWD/deploy/samza/config/wikipedia-feed.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.samza.job.local.LocalJobFactory at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at
java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:260) at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.scala:56) at
org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner$.main(JobRunner.scala:37) at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner.main(JobRunner.scala)

Re: problem running hello-samza with LocalJobFactory

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hey Pieter,

The documentation is incorrect. Can you paste the URL where you see
mention of the LocalJobFactory?

After this ticket:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-109

The LocalJobFactory was split into
org.apache.samza.job.local.ProcessJobFactory and
org.apache.samza.job.local.ThreadJobFactory. You should use one of those.

Cheers,
Chris