Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Phillip Grenier <pg...@ststravel.com> on 2007/08/27 15:09:32 UTC

[S2] extending struts.xml

When I try to extend any package located in the struts.xml file from any
of my included xml files that contain other packages It kills the parser
and gives a 404 error.
ex.
// struts.xml
<?xml....
<!DOCTYPE----
<struts>
    <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="false"
/>
    <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />

    <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="Index">
            <result type="redirect-action">test/Index</result>
        </action>
     </package>
     <include file="test/test.s2.xml"/>
</struts>

// test.s2.xml
<?xml....
<!DOCTYPE----
<struts>
    <package name="test" extends="default" namespace="/test">
        <action name="Index">
            <result type="redirect-action">test/Index</result>
        </action>
     </package>
</struts>

This works if I change extends to equal struts-default. Is there a
configuration file to fix this, I just switched the jars to the 2.0.9

Thanks,
- Phillip

RE: [S2] extending struts.xml