Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tom Stock <ts...@morganbeaumont.com> on 2006/08/09 18:39:13 UTC

Urgent: Consuming .NET service problem?

Hi, I am consuming a .NET service which requires that I call a
"setCredentials" method (to send username and password) followed by the
service method I would like to call, during a single connection. I wrote
a .net client which works correctly, however using WSDL2Java, I am told
during the 2nd call that I have not yet sent credentials. It appears the
axis is making two separate connections, one for each call. I have
recompiled axis 1.4 and included commonsHTTPSender in the
client-config.wsdd,  with no change in result.  I have verified that
axis is seeing the wsdd.  I have tried running WSDL2java with 1.2 and
1.1 type options.  I was under the impression that commons-HTTPSender
should take care of the persistent connection but that does not appear
to be the case at this point.

I have also tries using setMaintainSession(true) with no luck.

I have seen this question asked many many times with no answer. Please
tell me there is a solution to this problem! Help!

Thanks  in advance,

-tom

RE: Urgent: Consuming .NET service problem?

Posted by Tom Stock <ts...@morganbeaumont.com>.
Please disregard original post, I found the solution to my problem.  It turns out I needed to add a Soap Header to the soap request. I did this with ((Stub)service).setRequestHeader(namespace,name,object) for getting a service from the locator.

Thanks anyway,
-tom