Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2012/09/07 06:05:11 UTC

XALAN-C and XALAN-J Distributions Moving

Greetings,

XALAN-C and XALAN-J Distributions Moving

The Apache INFRA is doing cleanup of the Apache XML projects, preparing
to retire the support -- Apache XML TLP is going to the attic.

Our only remaining dependency is that the last stable releases
for our (C/C++) and (Java) distributions are still hosted under
the Apache XML as distributions.

I have been working with Mr. Henk Penning of Apache INFRA regarding
the re-hosting of our xalan-c and xalan-j project distributions.

I have tested my karma on (minotaur) to help with the re-hosting
effort.

I will make the necessary link changes in our Xalan TLP project
websites to get (MIRROR) project distributions from our new
hosting location.

I will be making the Xalan website edits over the weekend and
get the changes ready to publish by the middle of next week.

I have placed a README.txt in the new distribution repository to
test the new (MIRROR) availability.

-------

After the move of /dist/xml/xalan-c and /dist/xml/xalan-j are
complete, we will have no more architecture dependence on the
retired Apache XML management directory trees.

The Apache Archives may still remain with the Apache XML
reference.  This is where our projects began their existence.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project