Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Irene Hernandez <ih...@cysive.com> on 2000/10/14 00:07:11 UTC

weblogic sp6?

I was hoping that sp6 would fix the ClassCastException problem but I
installed it today and still got the same problem. I was able to make Struts
work using the startup class posted by Erik Pearson but during development
it's very difficult to work that way since it takes a long time to load and
compile all the JSPs.

Anybody has been successful with sp6?

Irene

Re: weblogic sp6?

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
> I was hoping that sp6 would fix the ClassCastException problem but I
> installed it today and still got the same problem. I was able to make Struts
> work using the startup class posted by Erik Pearson but during development
> it's very difficult to work that way since it takes a long time to load and
> compile all the JSPs.

I've managed to get Struts running with WLS 5.1 sp6. Because I found the
solution posted on this list too late, I developed my own (slightly different)
startup class. I've discovered, that the JSP-classloader could also be
"activated" by requesting a (probably non-existing) jsp page. This should
be much faster than precompiling all JSPs.

I've attached the source of my startup class. If you like it, you may use
or enhance it. Usage and other details are explained inline.

--
Regards
Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)