Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL" <Ra...@ll.mit.edu> on 2020/04/01 16:45:36 UTC

query Presto via Drill

As a proof of concept, I thought it might be interesting to see if Drill
could query Presto as if it were a RDBMS.

In theory, I thought it would work because it uses a JDBC driver. I plopped
it into 3rdparty and setup the config (see bottom) and it saves without
error. However it doesn't show up in 'show schemas;' All attempts at
querying it or showing tables fail.

Anyone else crazy enough to attempt this?

If you were wondering, I am interested in a connector that Presto has that
Drill doesn't, but Drill has better support for other things so I'd like to
keep it on top.

{

  "type": "jdbc",

  "driver": "io.prestosql.jdbc.PrestoDriver",

  "url": "jdbc:presto://presto-url:9999/catalog/schema",

  "username": "user",

  "password": null,

  "caseInsensitiveTableNames": false,

  "sourceParameters": {},

  "enabled": true

}

Re: query Presto via Drill

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hey Rafael,
Regarding the earlier issue you were having with Drill and Presto, I opened a JIRA about this.  My concern is that the JDBC plugin might have a bug that needs some attention.  Here's the JIRA if you want to add anything:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7698 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7698>
-- C

Re: query Presto via Drill

Posted by Rafael Jaimes III <ra...@gmail.com>.