Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Andrew Hurst <an...@2e-systems.com> on 2002/09/26 15:29:27 UTC

Rebinding to a JMS Server at runtime

Hi,

I'm using the JMSAppender in my application but if the JMS server it
publishes to goes down for some reason and then comes back up, my
application does not re-bind to it unless I restart my application.

When the JMS Server goes down, I get the following exception only once:

========
log4j:ERROR Could not publish message in JMSAppender [aerologic].
javax.jms.JMSException: Error in publish javax.jms.JMSException: Failed
to sendMessage  java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
header: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: Connection
reset by peer

========

Is there a way to re-initialise the appender at runtime? What I would
like to do perhaps, is to catch this exception and re-try the JMS Server
every 30 seconds or so.

Thanks in advance
Andrew Hurst

Re: Rebinding to a JMS Server at runtime

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
The attached pdf file from the complete manual might be of help.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793