Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Willis C White <wh...@us.ibm.com> on 2009/03/10 15:12:28 UTC

HSLF passing

It is my understanding that POI-HSLF does not parse complex objects (clip
art, word art) from a PowerPoint files.

(1) has there been any work done to support more then basic shapes and
text?

(2) is there a way to call out (throw an exception) if an object can not
be parsed? So that we can know where it is in the file?

If I have misstated or assumed something please forgive my ignorance.

Willis C White III
IQ Technology Projects
IBM CIO Technology & Innovation
Home office 845 331-5134
Cell 845 853-3827

Re: HSLF passing

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Willis C White wrote:

> It is my understanding that POI-HSLF does not parse complex objects
> (clip art, word art) from a PowerPoint files.

Basically, clip art is a picture shape and word art is a simple shape. Iterate over Slide's shapes and check what
Shape.getShapeName() returns. Clip art should be Picture objects, word art should be AutoShape objects.

Word art shapes should have special properties that describe the text curvature, etc. For now you have to examine it
using low-level accessors. Grab EscherOptRecord and see what's inside. This way you can figure out what shape it is.

Yegor