Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/07/17 22:20:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OODT 0.6 release

The Apache OODT community is proud to announce the release of Apache OODT
0.6.

Apache OODT is a software framework, and an architectural style for
the rapid construction of scientific data systems. It provides
components for data capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow
management, resource management and data processing.

The 0.6 release addresses 69 issues from our JIRA management system:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT

The release includes full support for the PEAR packaging system for
PHP, including the delivery of several PHP PEAR libraries for OODT's
file manager. In addition, this release marks the beginnings of several
Google Summer of Code projects including the ability to use Ganglia as a
resource monitoring system and an all CXF based CAS-product web app. In
addition, Apache OODT 0.6 now successfully builds with Maven3. The Apache
OODT
OPSUI got a facelift in its default skin, new CAS-PGE input file writers
based
on templates have been added, support for running CAS-PGE in Cygwin on
Windows
has landed, and overall the OODT RADIX installer has been significantly
improved.

The release is available from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/oodt/

In the first 48 hours, the release will be propagating to the mirrors, so
allow time for it to show up in a mirror near you.

The release is also made available via Maven Central:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/oodt/

The Apache OODT website will be updated shortly to reflect the releases. As
always if you find anything that you'd like to report (including praise!)
please do so on our user@oodt.apache.org (use of OODT) or
please visit our website:

http://oodt.apache.org

And our wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Home

Thanks!

Chris Mattmann
(on behalf of the Apache OODT PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OODT 0.6 release

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Dynamite folks.
Dynamite.

--
*Lewis*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OODT 0.6 release

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Dynamite folks.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Yep I'll get them out there very soon, Sean! Building the
website now. Woot!

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by ke...@apache.org.