Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> on 2010/07/13 06:47:03 UTC

Shipping from Multiple Warehouses?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if with a copy of trunk ofbiz if it is possible to get
an order for 2 or more items to one customer and be able to ship
products from different warehouses for the same item depending on where
the items are in stock?

I am thinking of a situation where product A is in stock in warehouse 1
but out of stock in warehouse 2 and product B is in stock in warehouse 2
and out of stock in warehouse 1.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers
Sam

Re: Shipping from Multiple Warehouses?

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
hey guys,

do you know if there are new futures in ofbiz concerning this case?

for me i am interesting in sth like this:

1. I use a Main stock, which is located in a city
2. I use other small stocks on other locations in that country (different
cities)

the reason is that I use the own delivery service with own cars and so on,
so I need to have different locations to offer a fast and cost efficient
delivery.

So if a customer orders products, the order should be fullfilled (if
possible) from the closest warehouse. If there are not all items in stock,
there should be a transport from the main stock, to this warehouse (like a
stock move) --> automated. after that, the order should be fullfiled. Also
the customer can choose if he wanna get a split shipping of the goods which
are in stock on the nearest warehouse and later of the items which comes
from the main ware house.

what do you think, how to handle this?

greetings, robert

Re: Shipping from Multiple Warehouses?

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Sam,

I'm not sure if it is supported OOTB in terms of business logic but the data model can certainly handle it.  I think it is just a matter of altering how the inventory reservations are created.  There could be other complications but none come to mind right now.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there is also the scenario of shipping from the closest warehouse.
I had to add that.
to me this is business logic that should be implemented based on the
organization structure.

Sam Hamilton sent the following on 7/12/2010 9:47 PM: