Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/10 10:46:49 UTC

Portlet aware XSLT transformations tag library; an extension for Struts Bridge apps

For those who might be interested.  During the process of my Struts
Bridge portlet developments (creating bookmarks and newsfeeds related
apps) I had the need to have XSL transformations generate links to
other parts of the portlet.  I created a modified version of the JSTL
XML taglib to enable my XSL to produce valid portal links.

Here is a simple example application demonstrating the tag library.

http://mark.mclaren.googlepages.com/StrutsBridgeXMLExample.zip

To build it use Maven 2 and deploy it to your portal as appropriate.
Your ServletContextProvider (in portlet.xml) will vary depending on
your portal container.

mvn clean
mvn compile war:war

For further background information see here:

Portlet aware XSLT transformations tag library
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/r4AX

I hope somebody finds it useful.

Mark

--
"Paradoxically, the more time saving abstractions you are using the
more you actually have to know." - Simon Willison

Re: Portlet aware XSLT transformations tag library; an extension for Struts Bridge apps

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Mark,

Again, thanks a lot, this too surely will be of interest to some Struts Bridge developers.

As you mentioned the Portals Bridges Wiki before, maybe its a good idea to add this information and links there as well?

Regards,

Ate