Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Sundberg <ts...@kth.se> on 2011/01/07 23:48:40 UTC

Referens to parent?

Hi!

I'm trying to set up up a multi module project.

My simple approach is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>se.sigma</groupId>
    <artifactId>aggregation</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <packaging>pom</packaging>
    <modules>
        <module>foo</module>
        <module>bar</module>
    </modules>
</project>

./foo:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <parent>
        <groupId>se.sigma</groupId>
        <artifactId>aggregation</artifactId>
        <version>${project.version}</version>
    </parent>
    <artifactId>foo</artifactId>
    <packaging>jar</packaging>
</project>

./bar:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <parent>
        <groupId>se.sigma</groupId>
        <artifactId>aggregation</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </parent>
    <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
    <packaging>jar</packaging>
</project>

Setting up a module like bar works fine. Refering to the parent as I
do i foo fails with the following error:

Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
se.sigma:aggregation:pom:${project.version}

Does anybody have any suggestion on how I can refer to a parent with a
property for the version? The version of the module should be the same
as the version of the parent.

/Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
Blog: http://thomassundberg.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @thomassundberg

Better software through faster feedback

Re: Referens to parent?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You must specify the version of the parent (can't use a property). However,
you don't have to specify the version of the project, it will then use the
version specified for the parent.

/Anders