Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Curtis Paris <cp...@shopping.com> on 2006/02/23 01:32:42 UTC

Using EagerLoader and gaining access to infrastructure:context

I am needing to ues the hivemind.EagerLoader to load a service (database
access layer) early.  It correctly constructs my object.  But, I need
access to the WebContext.  So, simple enough right?  Just inject
infrastructure:context.  I also tried
service:tapestry.globals.WebContext just incase also.  Nope, it's not
available yet.

So, how does one use the eager loader, while still having access to the
HTTP Context so that I can ask for files out of WEB-INF?

Along the same lines, I removed the EagerLoader for my service.  But,
when the service is referenced by another service point, it is not
properly initialized.  I have a initialize-method on the <construct>
tag, and that initialize method is never invoked.

Any help would be appreciated.  Perhaps Tapestry needs it's own
EagerLoader type service that you can ask for things to load after
Tapestry is completed its loading process, and not in line with
HiveMind?

Curtis Paris

Sr. Software Engineer

cparis@shopping.com

650 616 6581 office

Shopping.com (tm)

Find. Compare. Buy.

www.shopping.com <blocked::outbind://48/www.shopping.com>

RE: Using EagerLoader and gaining access to infrastructure:context

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
What do you need to do with the context?  Can you use an application
initializer?