Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Artyom <ic...@mail.ru> on 2012/12/06 08:55:24 UTC

Re[2]: Cannot run Solr4 from Intellij Idea

See the screenshots:

solr_idea1: adding an IDEA tomcat artifact
solr_idea2: adding an IDEA facet
solr_idea3: placing modules into the artifact (drag modules from the "Available Elements" to <output root>) and the created facet

Среда,  5 декабря 2012, 7:28  от "sarowe [via Lucene]" <ml...@n3.nabble.com>:

	Hi Artyom,

>I don't use IntelliJ artifacts - I just edit/compile/test.
>
>I can include this stuff in the IntelliJ configuration if you'll help me.  Can you share screenshots of what you're talking about, and/or IntelliJ config files?
>
>Steve
>
>On Dec 5, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Artyom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> InelliJ IDEA is not so intelligent with Solr: to fix this problem I've
>> dragged these modules into the IDEA's artifact (parent module is wrong):
>>
>> analysis-common
>> analysis-extras
>> analysis-uima
>> clustering
>> codecs
>> codecs-resources
>> dataimporthandler
>> dataimporthandler-extras
>> lucene-core
>> lucene-core-resources
>> solr-core
>>

>> --

>If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
		http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Cannot-run-Solr4-from-Intellij-Idea-tp4024233p4024484.html

		To unsubscribe from Cannot run Solr4 from Intellij Idea, click here.

		NAML

=?UTF-8?B?c29scl9pZGVhMS5wbmc=?= (102K) <http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/attachment/4024723/0/%3D%3FUTF-8%3FB%3Fc29scl9pZGVhMS5wbmc%3D%3F%3D>
=?UTF-8?B?c29scl9pZGVhMi5wbmc=?= (117K) <http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/attachment/4024723/1/%3D%3FUTF-8%3FB%3Fc29scl9pZGVhMi5wbmc%3D%3F%3D>
=?UTF-8?B?c29scl9pZGVhMy5wbmc=?= (148K) <http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/attachment/4024723/2/%3D%3FUTF-8%3FB%3Fc29scl9pZGVhMy5wbmc%3D%3F%3D>

Re: Re[4]: Cannot run Solr4 from Intellij Idea

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Good point. There is some documentation now, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowtoConfigureIntelliJ

Please feel free to modify the instructions any way you see fit, it's often
valuable to have someone who's fresh look over instructions and clarify
steps..

Best
Erick

Posted by Artyom <ic...@mail.ru>.

Re: Cannot run Solr4 from Intellij Idea

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 to using IntelliJ's remote debugging facilities.

I've done this with Tomcat too - just edit catalina.sh to add the parameters to the JVM invocation that the IntelliJ remote run configuration suggests.

With Tomcat you'll have to build the war using the Ant build, but that's more sensible anyway, since that's the official/supported build.

Steve

Re: Re[2]: Cannot run Solr4 from Intellij Idea

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.