Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ron McNulty <rm...@clear.net.nz> on 2012/11/04 09:45:38 UTC

Change to layout.vm in 2.2.2 produces HTML warnings

Hi Devs

I recently upgraded our Jetspeed 2.2.0 installations to version 2.2.2  One problem is that all our pages now produce warnings in HTML validator, as a <div> tag now contains name, row and column attributes, which are not correct (4.01 transitional) HTML. We are using the classic .psml pipeline.

The cause is a change in /webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/layout/html/columns/layout.vm in the line after ## get the decorated Portlet content. I have reverted this to be the same as in v2.2.0.

Does anyone know why this change was made, and have I broken anything by reverting it?

Regards

Ron

Re: Change to layout.vm in 2.2.2 produces HTML warnings

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On 11/4/12 1:45 AM, Ron McNulty wrote:
> Hi Devs
>
> I recently upgraded our Jetspeed 2.2.0 installations to version 2.2.2  One problem is that all our pages now produce warnings in HTML validator, as a <div> tag now contains name, row and column attributes, which are not correct (4.01 transitional) HTML. We are using the classic .psml pipeline.
>
> The cause is a change in /webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/templates/layout/html/columns/layout.vm in the line after ## get the decorated Portlet content. I have reverted this to be the same as in v2.2.0.
>
> Does anyone know why this change was made, and have I broken anything by reverting it?
You'll break the JetUI customizer. If you are using Classic Pipeline,
shouldn't be problem. I'll test and verify.... But thanks for bringing
that up, we can improve this with custom data attributes