Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Patrick Petermair <pa...@openforce.com> on 2011/01/17 12:06:41 UTC

wicket:message inside html title

Hi!

We are using wicket:message for i18n of our html pages. It all works
fine except for the html title. I have the following html:

<head>
   <title>
     <wicket:message key="page.title">myTitle</wicket:message>
   </title>
</head>

In the properties files I have page.title set to "German Title" and
"English Title" for example.
The output from wicket to the browser is:

<head>
   <title>
     <wicket:message key="page.title">German Title</wicket:message>
   </title>
</head>

The localization worked, but wicket leaves the "wicket:message" tag in
the title which looks ugly and wrong.

Am I doing something wrong? What's the correct way of i18n html titles?

I could probably treat the page title as a simple label as shown in this
blogpost:
http://th1rty7.blogspot.com/2009/08/page-title-in-wicket.html
But I would much rather do it with wicket:message since I don't have to
touch any Java code this way.

Cheers,
Patrick

Re: wicket:message inside html title