Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2005/07/01 17:39:29 UTC

Re: SoC Update

Justin wrote:
> Group

Hi Justin!

> I set up Gump3 in Cygwin (took a little bit).  Also got java1.4,
> python2.4, and MySQL4.1 set up in my new enviroment.

Please holler if something is kinda broken somewhere. Can you run the
unit tests (Eg `gump test`)? (I don't have windows installed, AFAIK
Gump3 on windows is only partially tested.)

> Adam, I read
> all the instructions/pages you sent me.  Thanks they were a big help.
> I have located the normailzer.py function which appears to have part
> of the maven implementation code in it.  I have started to dissect
> it.

uhm, yeah, well, what's there is more the idea that it could work than
anything that comes close to working. Feel free to throw all the
existing hooks and code for this stuff out if it makes sense. For
example it *might* make sense to add a little to gump/engine/__init__.py
and a little to gump/config.py to put in place a seperate "Mavenizer"
component.

cheers,

Leo