Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by enzo 660 <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/07 00:01:31 UTC

Why does Tuscany create the directory named 'target' when an application is deployed?

Hi There,
    I have noticed that when an application is deployed in a web
container, it creates an empty directory named 'target' at the
location from the server is started.
I have a couple of questions:
- Why is this directory created?
- What would I break if I comment out the following statement in
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionRepositoryImpl
:
FileHelper.forceMkdir(rootFile);

thnx,
enzo.660@gmail.com

Re: Why does Tuscany create the directory named 'target' when an application is deployed?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I have started some discussion in the dev list around the necessary
cleanup in this area.
I'll post an updated after we reach consensus.

[1] http://tuscany.markmail.org/message/mwebwj3wvkiwhzjn?q=luciano+resende+repository+date:200808

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer