Posted to user@hive.apache.org by mb...@datameer.com on 2020/10/01 20:12:12 UTC

Client selected unsupported protection

Hi all,
I try to connect a hive server with the following config

 * hive version 2.1.1 / hadoop 3.0.0 (cdh 6.1)
 * SSL
 * kereberos secured (having the keytab file on my disk)

I'm able to connect with beeline or with the apache driver via java
code.

In addition to that, I'm playing around with the cdata driver.
https://www.cdata.com/drivers/hive/
But this fails with

Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Client selected unsupported protection: 1
        at com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Server.doHandshake2(GssKrb5Server.java:264)

Do you have any idea what `Client selected unsupported protection` means?

thank you,
marko