Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Haris Altaf <m....@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 15:13:42 UTC

Cassandra Server 3.10 unable to Start after crash - commitlog needs to be removed

Hi All,
I am using Cassandra 3.10 for my project and whenever my local windows
system, which is my development environment, crashes then cassandra server
is unable to start. I have to delete commitlog directory after every system
crash. This is actually annoying and what's the purpose of commitlog if it
itself gets crashed. I have uploaded the entire dump of Cassandra Server
(along with logs, commitlogs, data, configs etc) at the link below. Kindly
share its solution. I believe it needs to be fixed.

Crashed Cassandra 3.10 Server Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxE52j6oo6cEYXJvdGhBNHNQd0E

regards,
Haris
--
regards,
Haris

Re: Cassandra Server 3.10 unable to Start after crash - commitlog needs to be removed

Posted by Cogumelos Maravilha <co...@sapo.pt>.
You can also manually delete the corrupt log file. Just check is name on
the logs.

Of course you are losing some data or not!

Cheers

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
Please, how do you do this?

Peter

Posted by Varun Gupta <va...@uber.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hannu Kröger <hk...@gmail.com>.
I have seen this happen as well. Deleting commit logs helps to Cassandra start but of course if you are very unlucky you might lose some data.

Hannu